Monday 7 October 2013

My Public Service Announcement

Wow! I totally get what you mean by a clear, concise, and poignant message to be captured in 30 seconds! I have worked hard before, but almost 8 hours of work that shows itself in just 30 seconds!!! Therefore, if I have 30 seconds to make a point...it most certainly be a pertinent topic, stating a fact/reality, tugging on the emotional aspect of the human mind, and presented with an impact. That's what successful billboards and advertisements aim to do. With regards to bringing this into our classroom, what an intelligent way to teach relevance, research, authenticity, and MAJOR annotation skills? However, I fell victim to visiting sites which then took 'more' time than was necessary. Then, I needed to find out if they were credible sources...except for the obvious names, I am still not certain about some of the sources and really needed to just 'keep on my focus topic.' So, this is certainly a skill that needs to be pointed out, modelled, and finessed or research can get stressful. The idea of filling out the PSA template was the BEST, focused guide -thank you Kevin! Otherwise, I could have gone off target (distracted)at several points. With Animoto, while I realise my PSA didn't come out as poignant as I initally designed and planned...I felt this was due to the lack of 'character spaces' that was in this case, not available. However, I guess this is exactly what you mean by with this amount of time, and only these many words...how would you make a point to be remembered? Digital Story telling tools give us background, sound effects, font effects, the internet at our disposal for information and images....so decompress ALL that to make a point!

Here is the link to my PSA.

No comments:

Post a Comment