Sunday 6 October 2013

My Public Service Announcement - China's Air Pollution



Well, hope you guys can enjoy the video I made. Not the funnest thing to look at... I promise living in Shanghai has it's positives as well! It's not all doom and gloom :). Actually I have noticed over the past 4 years living in this city, that the air is slowly getting better. As for some other cities, I have seen it decline.

Anyways, this was a fun assignment to work on. I was taken back by how long it actually took to do. Part of this is me needing to use a VPN in China and the connection not being as quick as I would like, but simply editing and putting everything together took some time. Yes, I cheated and made my video over 3 minutes. I realize now if I had stuck to just the 1 minute expectation, it would have gone way quicker. 

To create I used iMovie on my Mac and then uploaded to YouTube.
Let me know your thoughts....

Again, this assignment would be great for students to do research and than post what they learned in a compelling way. Kevin, you asked earlier which of the videos on the plastic bags were more persuasive. I actually thought the one with all the images was. I guess they both had just as much research involved but seeing the still images helped it sink in more than the video.


3 comments:

  1. Great video Paulo, even if it is a bit over the limit. You now understand that it is a good idea to give your students a limit as well so that they don't take too much time on it. I think the product turned out great and you got all the requirements taken care of. I would send this viral! I movie is great, as long as you let your kids share it...somewhere on a web 2.0 channel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paulo,

    I can only imagine how long you must have spent preparing for your final piece! A poignant video, the sombre background music along with real images absolutely hit home with facts throughout your video. I agree with Kevin, and as i tried to keep focused about how long we want our message to be. Nonetheless, I appreciate spending 'this' time more than less because it is your personal learning journey and now that you've done 'so' much...you just strengthened yourself...and can finesse anytime with ALL the tools you gathered along the way. I hope I am right there to an extent as it is my sentiment too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to mention that I'm surprised the Gubment actually let you publish that video! :-)

    ReplyDelete